The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sweet Sound of Laughter

Most people will tell you, I am a social person...that is the nice way.  I am chatty.  My husband frequently comments that I have lengthy conversations with people I've never met.  It is true.  While I am social, I'm not someone who loves attention.  I prefer to blend in with the crowd and while running errands would rather go unnoticed some days.  It was actually a plus to moving into a new area.  I could run errand around town (and even if I was not looking my best or not feeling well) and no one knew me.

As the years have passed and the boys have been in more activities and in school, that started happening less often.  We always seem to run into people we know.  Now, we have Hailey.  We no longer go unnoticed...scratch that...Hailey does not go unnoticed!  No matter where we go, no matter where we are...Hailey gets attention.  She's not doing anything special...no tricks.  She is 100% just being herself!

Today was an excellent example.  The grocery store is in the same plaza as the YMCA that we belong to.  After working out, Ian, Hailey and I ran into the store to pick up a few things.  We were probably in the store for about 35 minutes.  I had 5 people stop and talk to us.  What was Hailey doing, you might wonder.  She was laughing.  She was laughing to get Ian and I to laugh.  When we would laugh at her, she would laugh harder.  It was the funniest thing.  At the end of our shopping trip,  a woman at the end of the aisle, walked back to me.  She said, "I have to tell you, your daughter is the cutest little girl I have ever seen.  The world could use more laughter like hers in it."  I simply replied, "Yes, it does".  My heart swelled....I get to hear this all the time!

Here are a few pictures of Hailey playing in her new favorite spot...great for gross motor! (oh...the first couple is what it looks like when someone gets into trouble...not a happy girl!)











6 comments:

  1. I always say it takes me three times as long to run errands because I have people stopping me to tell me how cute Kennedy is or to talk to her! It looks like Hailey is having a blast! Is it a chain? Kennedy would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually at our local YMCA. It is for kids 6 and under so sometimes they get a little out of hand, but it never seems to phase her. I'm going to have EI meet us there for a couple sessions. Awesome gross motor activities!

      Delete
  2. That is so great. That place looks amazing. Cora would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's just a *light* in our kids. Something that shines off of them and makes them impossible to miss or ignore. I love that light. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree that there is just something special about Ben too. Looks like Hailey is a great climber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A child's laughter is the best sound!!

    ReplyDelete