The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Friday, August 1, 2014

Raising Hailey

Raising Hailey is quite similar to raising the boys.  Some days are bad where nothing seems to be going your way.  Some days are good.  Then there are some days you are on auto-pilot.  However, some days are fantastic.  There are days when everything seems larger than normal.  When everything seems to exceed your expectations and everything is better than you imagined or dreamed.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I didn't see it yesterday, but in looking at the pictures I took yesterday of Hailey...it was a fantastic day.

I can't help but think back to the first few days and weeks after Hailey was born.  My ignorance...me being uneducated.  I didn't believe how happy we would be.  I didn't realize how much laughter she would create.  I didn't understand how much we would love this little girl.  I didn't realize how normal life would be.


Who swapped out my baby with this little girl?
Hailey must be getting into school mode (she's very well behaved and cooperative at school).  She held my hand, never tried to run away, waited patiently in line for the next ride and then insisted on greeting Snoopy.  At one point, I thought my daughter had been cloned and I had the knock off version!

Hailey insisted on seeing the "doggy".

She backed up to Snoopy and posed.
Then she followed it with about 10 hugs!


She loved every ride.  She was all smiles and waved every time she passed us.  I was so proud of my little girl yesterday.  She is everything I never let myself believe she would be.  She's a beautiful little girl with loads of personality and opinions.  She is everything I dreamed about and there is no way we could ever love her more.






She always likes taking selfies and pushing the "button".




2 comments:

  1. Life is just life, isn't it? I am sometimes overwhelmed by what I used to think about how life was going to be. I am glad I don't think that way anymore.

    Looks you guys had an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time we drive by Kings Island she starts yelling "ride!" I'm happy she has finally warmed up to the characters. It's so cute!

      Delete