The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Friday, February 14, 2014

My Littlest Valentine

Little Miss doesn't start preschool until the 27th, but her teacher extended an invitation to the class Valentine's Day party today.  It took some juggling because I also volunteered at Ian's party, but we were able to work it out.  I was a little nervous at first because Hailey seemed a little overwhelmed.  This is a little uncharacteristic of her, but Dad also had to wake her up and she is normally napping during that time span. 

She looks a little tired here

Finally at least sampling her snack

We then moved onto story time.  Hailey had a seat in a chair and seemed a little overwhelmed with all the kids all huddled together.  I convinced her to stay, but I'm not sure how much she listened.  She was too interested into everything going on around her. 


It was then onto craft time which is Hailey's favorite thing to do.  "Stickers" are a fave right now.




I hate that this picture is blurry....I had to share.  That smile melts my heart!


The other kiddos then started packing up their things to head to their car line.  The bus riders sang a couple of songs.  Hailey didn't participate, but she watched excitedly (and then decided to attack the teacher's computer and do her own "typing"). 

As the other children were leaving the classroom, Hailey decided to "read" a book.  Apparently, she was paying attention when Miss A (her speech therapist) was reading because it is the exact book she plucked from the bookcase and climbed into the rocker to "read" it.  Comically, Hailey was giving Miss A a LOT of attitude today.  Gave her the cold shoulder and looked at her like she had three heads.


Look closely at this expression....do you see the attitude she is giving Miss A?!?!



Hailey did say "jewelry" for her though...show off.  I think Hailey's speech therapist is going to be a good fit for her.  She will definitely push Hailey, but Hailey will give her attitude and make her work for it :-) 

I was happy that Hailey was able to make it to the party.  I "might" have shed a tear or two when we left because seeing her in the classroom made it all more real.  I am still scared for the transition and am apprehensive with sending my "nonverbal" 3 year old to preschool.  I am still sad that my last baby will be going off to school, but I am more positive than ever that she is going to the right place!

No comments:

Post a Comment