The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter...finally

I've not written in a couple of weeks.  I've had a motivation issue, I guess.  The boys were on spring break last week and headed out of town to stay with family.  Our nieces and nephews were out of school, also.  The boys split time between both families and seemed to have a good time.  Hailey and I joined them mid week.  We haven't spent more than 24-48 hours in Indiana since last summer.  I was anxious and curious how Hailey would do with everyone and her new surroundings.  I know how Hailey is at home, but I'm always worried how she will do other places.

In true Hailey fashion, she was fine and I worried extra for no reason at all.  She was the same little hurricane she always is.  She made huge messes every where she could!  We have discovered that she might be a kleptomaniac.  While visiting my mom and dad, I reached into my laptop bag to discover a wii steering wheel from my brother-in-law's house.  After picking her up one day from her nap, I discovered a wii controller in the bed with her.  Either she is picking up a love for video games or she is a little thief.  She played, laughed, moved nonstop and gave plenty of hugs and kisses. 

Thanks cousin Shea for all these new dolls.

What?  I'm not sure how this happened!

Reviving the 80s?

She loves her cousin Dylan!  She walked over to him, held up her hands and said  "up".


Spending time with her uncles.

She is slowly warming up to Uncle Michael. 

She has 3 younger cousins.  The closest to her is 11 months younger and the other two are 14 months younger.  Those ages seem like huge differences to most kids, but I know as the years pass all three of them will probably pass Hailey in most aspects of life.  We will probably see it sooner than later.  This is the first trip that I actually didn't compare and didn't care.  Hailey is who she is and is doing as well as she can.  She is a happy, stubborn, animated, curious little girl.  She has strengths and weaknesses like any child. 

Hailey and Jaidyn playing with beads


Apparently Skip is fascinating.

Hailey sitting in the Bumbo seat so Jaxon doesn't get it.

Hailey moving all the toys into the Bumbo so Jaxon doesn't get them. 




One part of our visit, I won't forget anytime soon was Hailey coloring Easter eggs.  We had the bigger kids color their eggs first and then we were going to have the younger three "color" their eggs.  I had no intention of letting Hailey color much.  I know what a mess that girl can make!  I first let her "drop" the egg in the dye.  It was more like a throw and the result was red dye all over the garage floor.  After it was finished, I handed her the egg.  She smiled, grabbed the egg, hurled the egg across the garage and yelled, "Ball!".  It was comical.  We let her throw one more to show everyone who missed the first toss.  What a character she is!




The 3 youngest


Ooooops.  Did I do that?

Hailey giving us warning that she is getting ready to throw another!


We did hear a few new words that week, too.  She said two of her aunt's names and one of her uncle's.  She showed her jealousy towards her cousins and took claim to toys that she thought she needed so her cousins couldn't get them.  I think we need to work on sharing :-)

Trying to figure out this egg hunting thing.




She brought her sass with her :-)

Apparently she likes her new Minnie.

Please, no pictures.


On the way home to see Dad.


 Everyone's back home and back in the swing of things.  Hailey is back to make messes and her brothers are back in school and pestering their sister!


















3 comments:

  1. This was a great post. I love all the Easter treats, and seeing Hailey hunt for eggs. They all look like they had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I want to say excellent blog!

    I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing. I have had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out. I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Many thanks!

    my web blog ... perfect waist to hip ratio

    ReplyDelete