The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

World Down Syndrome Day

Yes, I realize this post is about a month overdue, but I decided I needed to share the pics anyway.  Hailey didn't wear her Ds Day shirt this year because it happened to be the same day as her preschool pics.  Well, after looking at the end result....I wish I would have sent her in her shirt.





Gotta love the "who are you, you want me to do what?" look on her face.  Needless to say...we chalk this one up to a loss and decided to not purchase any.  Oh well...maybe next year will be better!!

We spent the evening with our local Down syndrome group.  A local community center held a fantastic event...swimming, activities in the gym, manicures, dancing, dramakinetics, and plenty of fellowship.  I even got a little break because a friend's daughter is absolutely in love with Hailey and spent the evening chasing her every where.  We need to clone her and let me keep one version of Sami  :-)

Apparently, Hailey plays with scooters at school because she knew exactly what to do!

Little thing...she even tried to play basketball with her brothers



This cracks me up...Hailey decided the storage basket on someone's stroller was the perfect place to have a seat!

Hailey fell in love with one of the family's service dog.  Interesting fact:  small dogs freak Hailey out, but she loves large dogs.

She's a little unsure of the parachute.



If you can't tell, Hailey loves Sami, too!!






 I have to admit...this isn't the road I dreamed we would be on, but I wouldn't change a single minute of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment