The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Each Year Gets Better!

I can't believe it has taken me this long to blog about Christmas...I'm only two months late :-)  Every year, I say this one is my favorite and this past Christmas is no different.  It was so much fun!  We always celebrate with the kids a few days early before we head to Indiana to visit family.  The kids enjoy it because they get presents early and this way they have a day to spend with their new gifts before leaving for a week.  The boys are 7 and 11 so they had their wish lists and tried guessing everything before opening.  They proceeded to tear into the paper like animals.  Hailey was the complete opposite.  Everything was a surprise.  Everything was her favorite item.  It is official though...she is the SLOWEST gift opener I have ever seen.  We aren't sure if she was afraid of tearing the wrapping paper or what...but it was painful and comical all at the same time.  It was the first year that Hailey unwrapped all of her gifts and helped her brothers with theirs.

Hailey loved Santa again this year!

The three of them is always a hard pic!


Loved her facial expressions!!!


Ian was responsible for her beloved sing along.

She still loves Frozen...singing Olaf!



The weekend prior my garage door failed to raise all the way up and I didn't notice it...I backed my van into the door.  Needless to say, it damaged the door and my van....sigh.....  Our trip to Indiana to visit family proved to be equally eventful.  Christmas Eve my husband's car was backed into and then two hours later...I locked my daughter in the van.  Poor thing!  I felt so horrible.  She wasn't happy because she was strapped into her car seat.  Thank goodness for AAA (and the fact that a child locked into a car is a high priority situation!).  The remainder of Christmas was uneventful.  Jason had to head back to work on Christmas, but the kids and I stayed a few extra days to visit with family. 

She always has her Mamaws read to her.

Princess shoes...first thing she saw and that was all she needed.

Modeling her new shoes.

Are these all mine?

Look, mom, boots!



Can't wait to see how much fun she has next Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment