The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Friday, November 30, 2012

Hurricane Hailey

I've said this more than once.  I truly believed Hailey would be a docile, quiet, wallflower type of child.  I don't know why, I just did.  There are no children in our family like that.  I believe it was truly based on her diagnosis.  I'm sort of ashamed by it.  I never thought it was possible, but I think Hailey is more active, more chatty, more inquisitive than both of the boys combined.

Last night we were all relaxing watching Charlie Brown Christmas...we were all chilling except for little hurricane.  She kept using our bodies as stepping stones to climb on top of the couch and cracking up laughing.  She succeeds every day in making a mess in every room of the downstairs.  I generally don't let her have much roaming area upstairs...I get tired of cleaning up after her.  She will occasionally pick up part of her mess and put toys back in their place, but it is always short-lived.  The toys get emptied as quick as they were cleaned up! 

I truly could spend all day every day following that girl around the house and cleaning up her messes.  I prefer sanity over following her.  I coerce the boys into cleaning some of it (with the "I cleaned your messes when you were this age.  Not it is your turn.") and I clean up after bedtime and during nap time. 

Apparently Lincoln Logs taste good.

Moving Santa across the kitchen floor.  I think she is checking to see if I'm watching.

Apparently she made such a mess in the other room that she needed more!

Her other favorite past time.....attacking brothers!





Emptying the books and the DVDs.
Don't you love toddlerhood?!?!?  I love every minute of it....the girl has spunk!

10 comments:

  1. Way to keep your Mom on her toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurricane Kennedy and Hurricane Hailey seem to leave similar destruction. I've considered higher book shelves because I put them away every. Single. Day. I do love it, but it sure is exhausting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid though if we move them up, it will encourage them to climb!

      Delete
  3. Just think about how much you're saving on a gym membership!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but it never seems to help any of my problem areas!

      Delete
  4. Times that by two and welcome to my house..it looks like a tornade hit it every.single.day.after the twins get done with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how parents of multiples do it. I have a hard enough time with each child at a time!

      Delete
  5. I thought Ben would be inactive too. How wrong we were!

    ReplyDelete