The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Monday, October 26, 2015

Faces of Ds (part 1)

I'll never forget hearing the neonatologist saying "Down syndrome" and the image that came to mind.  In my head, I had a preconceived notion of what Down syndrome "looked" like.  Ironically, it looks absolutely positively nothing like I had imagined.

I could look at the dimples in Hailey's mischievous grin all day.  The sparkle in those almond eyes makes me smile.  That button nose is the perfect spot to plant a kiss.  These are the only things that keep her from being grounded until she's 35 on most days!

This post makes me happy because the beauty takes my breathe away.

Adison - 2

Alexis - 5

Allie - 3 months

Apollonia - 9 months

Charlie - 3

Connor - 2

Danny - 4

Eli - home from Lithuania in 2012 - 8

Ella - 4

Ella - 4

Emma - almost 2

Evie - 3

Genevieve - 4

Hailey - 4

Harrison - 3

Jaia - 4

Jake (3) with little brother Joey

Jocelyn - home from Bulgaria in 2014 - 8

Jonah - 3

Jonah - 9

Joseph - 13 month

Kennedy almost 3

Leightyn (6) with her mom, Tika.

Levi - 10

Madilyn

Maria - 21 months

Mary - 9

Max - 8

Maya - 3

Mitchell - 11

Nathan - 11

Rylan - 4 months

Sylvia - 2

Violette with her mom, Missy

1 comment: