The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Friday, October 9, 2015

My Little Diva

While I was pregnant with Hailey, I had almost a dozen ultrasounds.  We had our mid-pregnancy one in November.  I was certain Hailey was a boy.  I already had two boys...the odds were in my favor of another boy.  The ultrasound tech said "girl"....What!?!?!?!?!  Surely, I didn't hear her right.  My sister-in-laws and mother-in-law were there with us.  They even had a girl item with them and gave it to us.  The boys seemed okay with it, but I still wasn't certain.  Every two weeks after that, I had another ultrasound.  For the next 2 or 3, I asked the tech..."are you sure it's a girl".  I think the last time, she was annoyed and started giving me an anatomy lesson.  Never mind...I will  believe it now.

A girl?  I had two boys.  One was almost 8 and the other almost 4.  I knew boys.  I didn't know anything about girls (I had 3 nieces at the time but they lived in another state). What do I do with a girl?  How do I dress a girl?  I have to start worrying about girl hair?

I wasn't prepared for a girl.  I thought maybe God would give me a tomboy.  One that I didn't have to worry about as much.  Nope...didn't happen!  I have the girliest of girly girls!  I have a diva who loves accessories, pretty dresses and twirly nightgowns.  I have a daughter that takes her purse to the grocery store filled with bracelets and her play phone.  She likes to cook in her play kitchen with an apron and wear hair bows.  She prefers to be called princess.

Thank you once again God for taking me out of my comfort zone!



















































No comments:

Post a Comment