The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Thursday, November 10, 2011

My "middle" child

Today, I am very thankful for this face...those eyes, the twinkle in those eyes, that smile....my rotten middle child and one of Hailey's fantastic older brothers!   I say that with a smile on my face.  He is Hailey's "smother brother".  He loves her to the moon and back and never goes longer than a few minutes without pestering her, kissing her, hugging her or trying to pick her up. 



He is my helper....he loves to help cook, he helps clean, he helps with laundry and he helps with his sister.  Yes, he is only 4!



I will never forget the smile on his face the first day he was able to visit Hailey in the hospital.  It melts my heart every time I see this picture. 



He is stubborn and an instigator.  He has a voice as deep as a grown man's.  He loves his family with all his heart.  He will follow his big brother where ever he goes and just wants his big brother to play with him.  He is quite the know-it-all and has a such an incredible memory (sometimes I would swear it is photographic).  He is quick-witted and keeps me on my toes.  He keeps me laughing.    You never know what will come out of this boy's mouth (sometimes it isn't good!).  Last week he told me he was a "carnival"...aka carnivore.  He recites the pledge of "egence" at school.  We recently told the boys about Hailey having Down syndrome.  He looked at me afterwards and said, "Of course, it is going to take Hailey longer to do stuff, Mom...she's just a baby!"

Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for Ian.  

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like a blast, and a great big brother. It amazes me that he's only 4. I think all "big" kids look so old compared to our babies! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete