The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ready for the smells of the holidays...

Yesterday was a long day in our house.  It started at 2 a.m. with my middle one getting sick.  That lasted until about 6:30 a.m. when it finally stopped.  He is such a trooper...he doesn't complain and he makes it to the bathroom every time.  He spent the rest of the day laying on the couch sleeping, watching TV, and sipping Gatorade.  Luckily the vomiting doesn't last long but it just isn't fun and zaps the energy out of them.  I was typing my status on facebook yesterday.  I got the words "I pray Hailey doesn't get this bug"...when she threw up all over the blanket she was on (thank goodness I had put the blanket down...it would have been so much worse on carpet!).  Fortunately, she only did it once but then we had the Pedialyte every 15 minutes.  She wasn't happy because she wanted food and she wanted a bottle.  By early evening they were both feeling much better and ate a little for dinner.  Hailey was not happy in the evening though because I still was not comfortable giving her a full bottle of milk.  My husband caught the bug last night after the kids went to bed.  I'm hoping he will feel a little better this morning.  We are letting him sleep as much as possible today. 

I spent most of the day washing every blanket, sheet and pillow case in the house, scrubbing the bathrooms and disinfecting anything that didn't move!  I'm looking forward to putting up our Christmas decorations and making yummy Christmas treats later in the week....less smell of Lysol!

Here is how our yesterday started, two sick little ones....




And we ended with "squishy" face!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for squishy faces! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the squishy face! Hope everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete