The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Faces of Down Syndrome

This was my favorite blog post ever when I first did it last year (and it was my most viewed post).  I'm actually doing two parts this year....one local and the other my friends across the country.  When Hailey was born, I was afraid she wouldn't be cute.  Yes, it sounds vain, but we all know that people judge you by your outside appearance.  I see more beauty in the following faces than I ever thought could be possible.  It would make my day if I could give each of these kiddos a hug every day.  These faces are just a few of the gorgeous faces that fill my facebook feed.  Each one different.  Each one unique.  Each one loved.  These are the kiddos that Hailey has play dates with...some of the children she attends school with...the kiddos whose mom's I join once a month for dinner...the kiddos whose parents give me fantastic advice.  These children and their families make up part of our village.

I hope all of you see the beauty that we see in these children.  Enjoy!!


Annie

Arlynn

Ashton

Carson

Charlie

Danny

Jonah & DJ

EV

Eli

Elisha

Ella
Ella

Eli (adopted from Lithuania - this is his pic from the orphanage and now)

Emilia

Evie

Genny

Harrison

Jacob

Jaia


Jo (adopted from Bulgaria - this is her pic from the orphanage and now)


Kennedy


Kyle

Lanie (adopted from Bulgaria - this is her pic from the orphanage and now)
 
Leightyn

Luke

Mara

Mary

Molly

Nathan

Nick

Nora

Seth (on the far left with his big brother and his twin)

Shelby
Stacy


Thomas

Violette

Wyatt

3 comments:

  1. Too much cuteness in this post! I especially love seeing some of the older kids too in here. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awgh love love love - awesome post ! 💙💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using this post to help Gen recognize her friends. It is fun when she sees a picture and can name the person in it. Thanks Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete