The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Update on the Glasses

I wanted to give the glasses a couple of weeks before I gave an update on how Hailey has been doing with them.  Knock on wood, she has been a rockstar ever since we started the glasses.  The first day, she took them off more than once.  I was extremely worried.  Reluctantly, I sent Hailey to school with the glasses the next day.  I was terrified that they were going to get hurled across the room and trampled on by 9 kids.  The first report that day was great.  Her teacher said that Hailey never touched them...not once!  Two weeks later, Hailey has never bothered her glasses at school.  How unbelievable is that?!?!?!  Her keeping her glasses on has even helped another little girl in her class keeping hers on as well.

Keeping glasses on her at home is another story.  Certain days, no rhyme or reason, the glasses come off more frequently.  It is more common when she is bored or tired.  Sometimes we hear them fly and crash while in the car.  She will take them off if she is finished at the table and no one is paying attention to her.  She did have them bent enough that I needed them adjusted by Monday (yes, she got them on Thursday).  Then next day, they were bent again.....fortunately, I was able to bend them back.  Thank goodness her Erin's World frames are very forgiving to little hands bending them. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the glasses continue to go well for Miss Attitude.  It seems to be one of the only transitions that has gone smoothly with her.  We have a follow up with her ophthalmologist in January...I'm hoping he sees and improvement with her vision.  I do not notice her left eye turning in the way it was without glasses.  That is a good sign!!!

Hailey likes to "read" while we wait for school to open in the mornings.


Hailey announced this afternoon that she was a princess.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear she is keeping them on school, which is probably the better choice for where they stay on anyway.

    Of course she announced that she's a princess........because she IS!

    ReplyDelete