The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fortune cookie right, finally

In all the years, we have eaten at Chinese restaurants, I have always rolled my eyes and never given much thought to the fortune in the cookie.  While Hailey was in the NICU, we had Chinese take-out that I will never forget.  My fortune read, "A small gift can bring joy to the whole family."  I cried when I read it the first time.  I leave the small white strip with those profound words hanging on the refrigerator.  That simple sentence means more to me every single day.  Hailey has brought us so much joy already and continues every day with her babbling, smiles and giggles.  God has blessed us so much!

Big girl in her highchair "patiently" waiting for her pears.







Look at little Miss Chubby.  That smile makes us all happy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment