The Hailey Herald

The Hailey Herald

Sunday, September 11, 2011

On the move!

We spent the weekend visiting with my husband's parents attending plenty of the boys' soccer games!  Everyone had a good time visiting.  The boys were awesome at soccer.  Both teams lost but both boys hustled and gave it their all. 

This morning the adults sat glued to the anniversary ceremonies on the Today Show.  We talked about where we were when the planes hit the towers.  So many lives lost, so many lives touched.  I don't think we will ever be the same.  I remember being so consumed with grief and sadness that it enveloped me.  For days, all I could do is watch the news and feel such sadness for each and every family that suffered a loss.  10 years ago today, my now husband and I were finalizing the last bunch of details for our upcoming wedding.  I remember thinking how do we go on living after such tragedy.  I'm so glad God helped us see beyond and helped us heal.  We will never forget but God showed us hope.  I see it in the eyes and hear it in the laughter of my three children every day.



Hailey showing off her Baby Legs and making sure everyone hears her!



Hailey has been rolling for quite some time.  She mostly rolls a couple of times and gets side-tracked by a toy, her feet, her brothers, etc.  She generally only rolls left.  I'm sitting in the recliner this evening with Hailey jabbering on the floor.  Suddenly, I feel a thump against the recliner.  Imagine to my surprise, Hailey was lying under the foot of the recliner.  What?  How?  Hailey was about 8 feet from me just three minutes ago and she is rolling to the right!  Yay!!!  My heart skipped a beat.  I didn't think her rolling across the floor could make me so happy.

This day and every day, I thank God for all my blessings...big and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment